Ground screw are an excellent solution for construction on marshy, sandy and water-saturated soils. A screw foundation has been already used for quite a long time. Back in the 19th century ground screws began to be successfully used in the USA and England in construction of lighthouses and other engineering structures.
Thanks to reliability, durability and stability the foundation on ground screws is one of the most popular types both in a low-rise construction: wooden houses, baths, saunas, fences, gates and in the construction of hydraulic and industrial facilities.
This is because the ground screws can be installed manually or using small-sized equipment. The first option is especially useful where the implementation of machinery is very limited or even impossible. In addition, the construction of the ground screw foundation does not produce a lot of noise, which is important in residential neighborhoods and in urban environments. The foundation on ground screws has many advantages over the classical foundation:
- speed of installation, the construction time for a the ground screw foundation is 1-3 days;
- foundation construction is possible on complex and unstable soils, including on marshy, flooded and clay soils;
- long service life, with a proper operation, the life of the screw foundation is more than 100 years;
- he installation of the foundation on ground screws does not change the natural landscape and does not have a negative impact on environment;
- installation is possible on hard to reach places and even on slopes;
- this foundation can be installed at any season of year and in all weather conditions;
- screw piles have a high bearing capacity.
A properly built ground screw foundation provides a reliable basement on any soil.
The PILLAR company designs ground screws foundation, makes drawings of the foundation and calculation for it. Ground screws are easy buy in Ukraine!
Our company offers drawing development and construction ground screw foundations in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Odesa, Mykolaiv, Lviv, Zaporizhzhia and other cities of Ukraine.