The technology of foundations on ground screws is not a universal solution for any situation at all, there are situations where the ground screw will be a solution, but there are situations where it is of little use.
In order to understand whether you need a ground screw foundation, ask yourself just two questions:
- what are you building?
- what problem do you want to solve with ground screws?
If your answer to the first question is a “high-rise”, the ground screw will not help you here. Ground screws have proven themselves in the construction of pre-fabricated country houses (SIP-houses or wooden-frame houses), house adjoining structures (garden houses, bathhouses and sheds), as well as various piers and moorings. Ground screws are in construction of solar power plants, where they greatly facilitate installation. In the industrial field, various hangars, communication masts, power transmission lines, industrial shelves and similar structures are being built on ground screws.
As for the task that you would like to solve with ground screws – it is excellent for:
- construction of a foundation in a short time;
- construction of a foundation on a slope;
- construction of a foundation in water saturated and subsiding soil;
- construction of a foundation in winter;
- reconstruction or strengthen an old foundation;
- when you need to avoid noise and debris, as well as to preserve the natural look of the site;
- when installation of a foundation needs to be simplified as much as possible.
If your answer to the questions corresponds with the enlisting, the ground screw is right choice for your project!